Sunday, January 25, 2009

When Weird is Normal and Normal Weird

I like Weird Al Yankovik because he's from California (San Luis Obispo to be precise). I like how he makes fun of Michael Jackson so we've been watching a DVD of Weird Al singing "Just Eat It" (to parody Michael's "Just Beat It" and "Fat" to poke fun at "Bad". The kids really like Weird Al and can really relate to his accordion when he plays it. Anyhow, we'd been playing the Weird Al DVD a bit so I decided to see what the kids would do if I played them the original Michael Jackson. So I turned it on and as soon as they saw it they looked at each other with eyebrows raised and demanded that I put Weird Al back on. Michael Jackson it turns out was too weird.



Well so that was about a month ago. We haven't played the Weird Al DVD much since. So today we're in the toy store to buy Maya birthday presents for her big 2 and ... well you can judge for yourselves by watching the video. Maya's at the Piano (like Elton John) and Julian is singing. He's singing a song from the Weird Al DVD a parody to "American Pie" where Weird Al sing "He left his home and kissed his mommy good bye, saying soon I'm gonna be a Jedi" (obviously he's signing about Star Wars and the young Darth Vader. I've seen the Weird Al video as much as the kids have and I cannot remember the words unlike the little guy in this video who's got them and the melody down pat. Of course he's also got the worlds cutest piano player, which helps.





Here's another one. Julian and Kareoke of ABBA.


And just for fun, here's a monument many of you may recognize.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
I just wanted to say that I loooove your blog! I read it every week.
And I miss you! I think I definitely have to visit you sometime in Newcastle :-)!
Love,
Babysitter Ana from Tübingen

Dadda said...

Absolutely Ana, we'd love to host you so bring a friend, we have lots of room !

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the videos, sorry I haven't left comments for a while. firefox is blocking me from commenting, but not from reading!

Jeremy (Hobbsy) said...

Great videos. I had a really good time with you all.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are SO CUTE!! Julian's singing is fantastic, and I think he makes an awesome dragon! :) And what an adorable little girl! You guys made great kids!