Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Stupid GPS"

I still want to document our trip to Paris, but I'm tired tonight. So I'll let you watch the movies and tell you another story.

This weekend we were taking the kids to a swimming pool outside of town and as usual we were relying on our GPS to guide us. Man I love that thing. Never get lost again. I didn't realize that I had missed a turn that the GPS had told me to take so I got frustrated when it seemed to me that it was taking us on unnecessary U-turns and complicating the trip. So I slipped and said "stupid GPS". Julian has had a fixation with the word "stupid" for some time so that was a bad move on my part. He immediately told me that "dadda, the GPS isn't stupid, don't use that word", which is basically what we tell him when we hear him say the S-word. Turned out the GPS wasn't so stupid, I just have a habbit of not following direction. So we got to the pool, the kids had a blast, etc.

This morning (three days later) Julian woke up and the first thing he told me was, "dadda the GPS isn't stupid". Man what a memory. He said it in the sweetest voice too. Lesson learned: "kids really like exciting sounding words, especially foul language, so I've gotta watch it !"

No comments: