Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Spotify war and gender confusion

Tonight was date night and music night at that. So Julian and I went to the music room and I grabbed the bass guitar while he got his flute. We played a funked up jazz song on Spotify and tried to play along to it. It was great. Julian on flute and me on bass. Maya was downstairs having her own music night. Then all of a sudden our song stopped playing and Julian and I went "what????". So we restarted it, but then it stopped a few seconds later. Turns out Maya was playing on the same Spotify account downstairs so we had a Spotify war. I think Julian and I won because after a few hundred times (at least it felt that way) restarting Spotify, Maya screamed from downstairs and then our song didn't stop. She says "I didn't play the song because I got fed up with you two! Snarl.".

Alas, the fun ended when Mamma came up and told us to go to bed. This was right as the jazz song had morphed into a heavy distortion guitar playing along of a Stevie Ray Vaughan song Couldn't Stand the Weather (quite fitting wouldn't you say?). But I will never complain about the English weather after having frozen my bottom in Minneapolis over Christmas at 0 degrees Fahrenheit (-23 degrees Celcius, or so).

So we went to bed and the conversation took a weird turn. Maya was trying to convince us that she's not a girl but a man. So Julian and I were like "WHAT? You're not a man, dude. You're a woman. You're female". She said, "NO, I am MALE and you two are FEMALE, geez how hard can it be to know what's male and what is female". I said, "EXACTLY! You're FEMALE Maya. You're a WOMAN." She said, "NO, YOU'RE A WOMAN! I AM A MAN." So I got tired of this bizzaro conversation and I asked Julian why Maya was acting so strangely. He said it was because on the way home from the dentist Maya had seen a haircutting place called ALPHA MALE GROOMING. She thought it was a great place for her to get a haircut and decided she was an ALPHA MALE that needed GROOMING. She thinks GROOMING is a fun thing.

Even now, we're in bed blogging and Julian is next to me ready for a story. We're waiting for Maya to come in too and listen to the story, but she's twiddling her thumbs or who knows what next door in her room. Julian said that Maya didn't know what an Alpha Male was, that Grandpa Bob was an Alpha Male. Maya screamed, "NO, I AM AN ALPHA MALE"... then she runs into our room, jumps on the bed and starts screaming apparently like an alpha male. Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! Go Maya! Only a child and she already knows the difference between sex and gender.