Sunday, February 5, 2012

Conquering Mount Fear and Praying to God










I've been writing so much stuff lately I haven't had a chance to write fun things like this.
Julian has had lots of trouble in swim class getting his head in the water. We'd look at the other kids in class and they were like fish, unafraid of the water. We even tried telling him that we would go to Hawaii if he would put his head under water. How else is he supposed to see the fish? Not much worked and it didn't help that we didn't have enough money to go to Hawaii over the holidays.



But he's probably been working on it because today he conquered Mount Fear. He was swimming under water with his goggles on. Trying to keep under as long as his breath would last. Too bad we still can't afford to go to Hawaii. He's ready.


So we all get to climb our own mountain of fear. Julian at least somehow had been thinking about how to conquer it and then one day with leaps and bounds he made a lot of progress very quickly.



As for Maya she's as lovely and fiesty as ever. She's not afraid of anything, so I have a different story about her. Tonight we were looking at pictures on the laptop computer while they were getting ready for sleep. Somehow Julian and I upset her so she said.



"I'm going to tell God on you two". "Dear God, Julian and Dada are being mean to me. Amen".



Above are some pictures you might like.

No comments: