Three or so things to tell you about today:
Julian and I had talked about building an airport on top of his train table. We went with Julian to the hardware store a couple of weeks back and started to work on it. It was fun using the drill and stuff, but also a lot of work. So when we had the table put together and we started painting it with Maya I decided to name it D.I.A. Not Denver International Airport, but Dada International. I figured if it was going to be so much work the least I could do is name it after me, the old guy getting grayer slower and considerably less good looking each day. Here are some pictures of the airport. Two runways, a yellow flower, and astroturf in the middle. We bought enough astroturf to cover a trailer park and only used a little strip to put in the middle of his airport. What the heck do we do with all the left over astroturf?
Here are some pics of the D.I.A. and the kids wearing my shirts and shoes.
Amanda has been feeling home sick. We watched the Super Bowl and I think she thought it would have been great if we had organised a party. Next year. For now we need to soak in some more American Culture. I think Laura and Jeremy (or Uncle Germany as the kids call him) are feeling a bit home sick too. The poopy weather doesn’t help.
We’ve asked Maya and Julian where they feel they’re from. Both said they felt they are German. This is from two kids with a British accent, born from an American mom and a dad who is from who knows where (like the kids I would say I’m Bulgarian because I was born there but not sure Bulgaria would claim me).
Was getting my haircut yesterday from a nice lady. She said a lot of Brits watched the SuperBowl. She told me some things I had missed like how some singer had flipped off the audience during Madonna’s show.
The lady asked me if I would lose my American accent. I thought about it, thought about how my dad still has his. No, I probably won’t lose it.
No comments:
Post a Comment