I've given up sleeping in on the weekends, but today was no bother. Julian had woken up at 5:45am and wanted me up. I told him absolutely not until 6am. He came back with his big clock and waited somewhat patiently until the small hand was on 6 and the big on 12. When he saw that finally I had opened an eye he gave me the most gorgeous smile and said, "Happy Father's Day, Dada". Then I notied that Maya had snuck in our bed in the middle of the night, I guess to make sure I had something to cuddle with to get ready for my big day.
Then Julian and I went down to make some "very over easy eggs" on toast. He then had me open his present to me. It is a big chocolage coin that is almost the size of my head, with a string to put around my neck. It says NUMBER 1 DAD, and it is tugging on my neck as I write. I suppose if I get lost I have lots to eat. Oh, yeah, it's golden so I look like a Gangasta-Dad, which is pretty cool in and of itself.
Maya and Momma woke up at 8pm, lucky cats. Maya quickly came to wish me a happy day with a present that she had decorated herself. She draws the loveliest flowers and the faces of people in her pictures look like flowers with smiley faces. I opened it and it was a cuddly little monkey that hangs from your neck. Seeing as my neck was already preoccupied with a monstrous chocolate coin she offered to cuddle with the monkey.
Later the kids want to grill burgers for me. I think that's a great idea but if you see Child Protective Services tell them we don't have enough burgers for them. Now where are those briquettes and matches ?
Happy Father's day to my dad, Amanda's dad Bob, and to all of you Fathers out there. It's great ain't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
Sounds like you've had a great day, it's well deserved!
Happy Father's Day Chris !!! I'm sure your day was FANTASTIC :)
Thanks Laura and Lyn. The kids made it all worthwhile. We're blessed indeed.
Great post! Happy papa's day.
Post a Comment