For quite a
few years the kids have relied on a Paddington Bear story book on CD to go to
sleep. I don’t know why they didn’t tire of listening to it over the years as
much as I did. But now it’s been lost I don’t know where it has gone, honest!
So we found
a replacement CD that we thought might do. It is a Children’s Yoga Relaxation CD.
The kids find it pretty amusing. Tonight I asked them to lay down in their own
beds after we read our obligatory 20 pages of a Wimpy Kid Diary. Then I tucked
them in and put the relaxation CD on.
Cheesy relaxing
music started to play and a lady on the CD told the kids in a soothing voice.
Now kids “Close your Eyes”. I heard Julian grunt from across the hall, “Oh for
crying out loud, I already had my eyes closed”. This caused some little girl
across the hall in the other direction to burst out laughing.
Then the
lady on the CD said, “Now imaging you are climbing the world’s highest mountain”.
Another groan from Julian and Maya yelled, “Look lady, our Dad told us to go to
bed, NOT CLIMB A MOUNTAIN!”. Followed by another round of laughter.
So to try
to settle her down, I went into Maya’s room and tried to relax her by rubbing
her back. The Relaxation CD was clearly not working. Then the lady on the CD
said, “As you are climbing the mountain feel the wind blowing by your ear”. I
couldn’t resist. I blew in Maya’s ear. She screamed with laughter.
We’ve gotta
find that Paddington CD.
2 comments:
Chris, I re-discovered your blog in Facebook. I am enjoying it sooo much!!! Our little boy is 5 now. We settled down in Switzerland. But still missing Newcastle every now and then. :-) Wishing you all the best! (And if you are ever around Zürich you are all very welcome to drop by. :-) )
Scripture lullabies on U tube. Every night. Awesome. J and H love them and honestly I do too. Sax
Post a Comment