Today we became British Citizens. For a first generation refugee this was a pretty special moment. I remember when my parents became citizens of the US in the early 90's. It was a very special moment for them. However, they didn't have a Queen to sing about!
Thanks Jen and Bette for supporting us on this big day. Julian still became a citizen but had some important school work to do so could not get away. My lab was also wonderful. They brought me a tray full of tea, milk, scon (no the e is not pronounced) and a can of Pimm's. Wow, I sure enjoy being in England. They say, however, that the tray won't be coming every day from now on unless I get a granting agency to provide me with a butler. Now that's an idea.
-Chris, Amanda, Julian and Maya
British Americans
May 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment