Saturday, February 1, 2014
Comeback Queen
Tonight we were having Saturday night dinner with the kids and Maya was rather energetic. It didn't have much to do with the dinner, which was salad and steak. She's more of a bread person so it was probably the expectation of the cake that would follow. She seemed to be on a roll with her comments and generally just trying to be funny. I thought I'd show her who is the comeback king, so she gave me an opportunity when she said something like "I think I'm going to change my name from Maya, to Queen Butterfly"... or something like that, my memory isn't what it never was. So I replied in a way that resulted in both riotous laughter from the kids and the worst family look from Amanda, when I said, "How about we just call you Butt?". Man the kids were rolling. I couldn't believe what I had said. Amanda couldn't believe what I had said. I was so proud of myself. I felt like the comback king. Then as soon as she recovered from laughing and without even blinking Maya replied, "How about we call you King Butt!". Now even I was laughing, and crying at the same time. It was clear to me that even though I had cheated and used a word that's not allowed, my 7 year old daughter had gotten the best of me. Touche Maya, or shall I call you Queen Butterfly, the Queen of comebacks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment