Sunday, July 18, 2010

Breakfast with Julian, and Chocolate Eyes

Two stories today.

Julian is 5 years old and he wakes up very regularly at 6a.m. So if I want to get to work without disturbing them I've gotta be out the door by 6. But it's so worth it if I stick around a bit longer because then I get a sweet little boy coming into our bedroom and saying, "Dada, let's get breakfast". So I'll tell him to go down and get some cereal and milk ready. So he'll return in a few minutes, wake me up again and we'll go down together while the girls sleep. He usually gets a couple of bowls, puts a whole bunch of cheerio-o's or Special K cereal soaking in milk, a glass of juice and a cup of yogurt. The crazy thing is that it happens every morning. I never would have imagined I'd get breakfast made for me by a 5 year old each day. The only bummer is on days when I have to get in earlier to work, then I miss out on breakfast with Julian. My loss really. He's a great boy and he seems to like having breakfast with me. I'd be a fool to let this pass up.

Maya is addicted to sweets. She even bargains for them so nicely it's hard to say no. But man is she addicted. Just like her mom. Today Julian was offered a piece of chocolate by a family we'd met. We joked that Maya doesn't like chocolate and the family thought we were serious, but you should have seen Maya. It was like her heart was broken. Then we told them that yes indeed she would love some chocolate. After all her eyes are chocolate. I think that's for a reason.

There you go. A little snapshot into our lives with chocolate eyes and the little boy that makes me breafast. Care to join us tomorrow morning? I think it's going to be Cheerio-o's with cherry yogurt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awe! that's a sweet post. i would love to join you guys for some cherios. dear maya and her chocolate, she's the one who told us that her eyes are the color of chocolate! what a sweet and creative creature she is.