Thursday, February 26, 2009

Focus on Maya: Face Wipes

Tonight we were enjoying a lovely (as the British would say) bowl of spaghetti that mamma had made. Julian and Amanda had finished and went into the front room. Maya and I continued eating. Maya had given up using her little fork and was grabbing handfuls of spaghetti in her hands (thanks to Amanda for having the insight not to give them red spaghetti sauce). Then when she realized her mouth and hands were dirty she wiped her face with her sleeves and then her hands with her shirt front. Mind you, she did it so quickly and skillfully that I thought, "wow, she's got this face wiping business into an art". No chance for me to get a napkin, nothing. Her movements were so elegant that here I am writing about it. Really I was mesmerized by it all. But now I have to curtail it and be quicker with the napkin next time.

1 comment:

Jeremy Hobbs said...

What a cute kid. Can't wait for the funny bathrobe pics.