Maybe I'm biased because she's my mommy in the same way that Amanda is Julian and Maya's mommy, but I've got the baba Dora post-visit blues. It also doesn't help that we're a little sick and I'm working on a big butt grant. The kids are easier to distract than I am because I took them to McDonald's for happy meals and bought them new toys the day after she left. We also walked around in the cold weather which is kind of distracting anyhow. (There is a really nice provincial market going on downtown with true German sausages, boar and kangaroo burgers and macaroon stands).We dealt with the post-baba visit blues last night by hudling in the same bed. I guess we'll get the kids back in their beds soon enough, but it sure feels like there is a void in the house and with all such scary things like "voids" it helps to cuddle with 3 other equally scared people under the same covers. (At least the void will pick off the people on the sides first; Oh, and in case you're wondering, yes, we're also not quite sure who's raising who in this family, so....... we'll need some certified parental figures to help us figure it out. Any takers to visit us or chat on MSN messenger ? ;-)
p.s. We had Thanksgiving with some families this weekend. I'll let Amanda catch you up on this and maybe post some new pictures/movies.
1 comment:
:( sorry baba had to leave you...she'll be back again soon though.
i think you guys are doing a great job as parents. keep up the good work!
Post a Comment