Isn't it almost funny how some of the most irritating things happen at the same time as the most pleasant. Last night Amanda and I fell asleep in our bed, just the two of us. Maya was in baba Dora's room, Julian in his. Somehow during the night Julian had snuck in and fallen asleep on my right and Maya had ended up between me and Amanda on the other side. I never noticed a thing, that is until Maya woke up at 5 a.m. and decided it was time for all of us to wake up. First she tried to get our attention. She unzipped her pajamas a little bit to show us she was wearing a t-shirt underneath. Then she said: "Look mamma, look dadda, a pretty princess. Good night pretty princess, time to go to sleep". Then she zipped her pajamas back up and let the little princes on her t-shirt sleep. But not the rest of us. Then she started to sing. She sang "Row row row boat, jently donw da streem, merrly merrly, dream". Over and over again. I was thinking, man that is a really nice song and she sings it so well. Of course I was also thinking "man, it's freeking 5 a.m. and I've gotta go to work soon, I need my sleep, why won't she go to sleep? whose kid is this and how did she end up in our bed?" But the song was really sweet. Then baba came in and rescued us by taking Maya downstairs to play. She leaves back for Colorado on Saturday. She's been terrific but we can tell she's getting tired.
So my question to all of you is ... who's coming out next to help give us an extra hour of sleep at 5 a.m. in the morning ? Can't wait for your visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi everyone, laura helped me figure it out. now i'll be leaving comments from time to time!
Yippee, comments tell us that people are reading and ecourage us to put new stuff on.
Post a Comment