
Anna and Eric have now joined us and we've not left the hotel in the last 4 or so days. I'm sure there's other things to do in Puerto Vallarta, but we seem to find everything we need here. Plus the food is free.
Eric seems to be taking advantage of that more than the rest of us. I've never seen such a skinny man eat so much. We were eating dinner in an italian restaurant and he and I ordered tuna which we expected to be raw but was cooked instead. After he finished his he asked them for another dinner plate with the tuna raw this time ("roho" he said) and they obliged him. The resort isn't going to be making any money off of us.
Besides all the fun stuff Julian and I have had some gastrointestinal troubles. The resort has three gourmet restaurants that you can go to and eat for free. All you need is a reservation. Well we continued our eating spree at this Japanese restaurant where I think we ordered enough food to feed a small country. We all stuffed our faces but Julian started to feel sick. So we took him outside to the kiddie playground and put him on a swing (not the smartest parenting I must admit). Then we brought him back into the restaurant. When I saw him heaving I took him in my arms and proceeded to bolt out the door. Not quick enough. He vomited on me, him and we managed to get the door pretty well. I didn't stop to wonder what but kept walking. Good thing since more came out on both of us as we left the restaurant. Poor little guy said, "dadda, I'm sorry". I told him it wasn't his fault he wasn't feeling well. There was nothing to be done about it. After we left Amanda, Eric and Anna helped smooth things over by leaving a big tip and apologizing in Spanish.
That restaruant also did a number on me. But as weak as I was from loosing all fluids I managed to find enough strength to go windsurfing with Eric. I paid for it though with chills and a fever last night. Julian decided to stay with me the whole time and we watched movies on TV. He took care of his dadda and was such a good boy. We watched a Jim Carrey movie and I had to change the channel to make it PG and not traumatize the little boy. But it was mostly a good movie about a lawyer dad who after lying all of his life starts to tell the truth for a day. In the end he chases down a jumbo jet to get to his son. He tell him "I love you" when he catches up to his son and is reunited with his estranged wife. We liked it.
As for Amanda, she tried the last of the gourmet restaurants last night and the French onion soup did a number on her. Geez, paradise is hard. We might be ready for England now.
p.s. Maya is charming everyone and she and Julian take every opportunity to bury themselves in the sand.
1 comment:
Poor Jules! Glad he was feeling better by the time you all made it out to Riverside. I really enjoyed having you here for a day. Hope the Disneyland-birthday blast went well. I look forward to hearing all about it on the next post :)
Post a Comment