Friday, April 15, 2016

Message for Delia Ray from Maya and Julian

Dear Delia,

As you know Julian and Maya may well be your biggest UK fans (or at least the most willing to tell you how much they like your books and to provide storyline suggestions). It took us about 5 month to finish reading your latest book on Finding Fortune. I read a few pages to them every night before bedtime. We've now completed it and Maya is eager for your next book. I told her that even though we read your books at a leisurely pace it takes you a few years to write the next book. (No pressure!)

Maya says "Finding fortune was an interesting book about a girl who was trying to find fortune herself as well as living in a small city named Fortune. Hugh seemed a little annoying compared to Julian (and Julian can be very annoying at times). I like the way that she thought very sensibly to run away to Fortune when her mother was not telling her the truth."

I couldn't get a quote from Julian because he is the first one to fall asleep. So the guy is sawing logs next to us as we type this, dreaming about finding fortune no doubt.

However, even after all the evidence they are still not convinced that I have met a famous author named Delia Ray. They are convinced that I visit Iowa to "chat" with Matt and to leave their favorite toys with the patients (as I did last year). Maya's theory is that I buy your books at an Iowa City book store and sign them myself. To prove it Maya gave me a piece of paper and asked me to copy your note to them. I did just as she requested and fell into Maya's trap: of course my note looked like yours when I tried to copy it. Actually she was quite stern that I copy it exactly as you had written it.

Anyhow, it might be best to bring them along to Iowa at some point so that they can meet you.

On a final note, Maya wonders what your new book is going to be about. She was curious whether it would be about a little girl named Maya and her brother Julian going on an adventure. The adventure could be anything that you would like it to be.

Best of wishes with the research on your new book.

-Maya, Chris (secretary for Maya) and sleepyhead Julian

No comments: