Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Last week of November and Newcastle is packed in snow. Great stuff if you don't need to go anywhere quickly. So we've been having fun in the snow, although sickness last week and a lot of travel lately by me (dadda) has meant no posts here for some time.

Last night we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with Tom, Tora, their family and a bunch of other friends. My mouth waters thinking about the turkey. So good. And they have a steep hill next to their house that Julian and I took a ride on a couple of times before we left to go home.

What else... we also had a great Halloween. Boo! Julian was dressed as a shark and Maya as a princess. We took their friends Sean, Katie and Daniel down the street to get treats. We came across one of our neighbors that is a true witch. She let us borrow her broom for a while.

Also, cousin Leo and his parents Laura and Uncle Germany were visiting us a few months ago when the weather was much better. The kids had a great time with cousin Leo. See for yourselves (the pictures above).

Now we're waiting for dadda to complete his final international trip this year next week. Baba Dora is visiting us and taking care of us all. She's saved Amanda's life with the last 3 weeks me being away for most of them. You'd think I was in the military the way I get shipped out so much for this job. Last week I found out I could be deathly sick and still give a decent talk. Geez!

We're looking forward to Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the pictures we've posted on Picassa (up above).

No comments: