Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vinyl FOREVER













The kids are now listening to Records and House Music. Amanda had bought me a record player a long long time ago which we had forgotten about in California for 4 years, while we were in Germany. Recently when we shipped our things to the UK I debated leaving the Record player but it's the one thing, next to the coffee machine and the ice-cream machine that I put to most use. I even went on Ebay and in a moment of weakeness bought somebody's record collection 150 records for 30 pounds. THEY ARE AWESOME, and the kids and I have been dancing to hippity hoppity music for the last two days nearly straight.
Besides exposing them to obsolete technology there is something mesmerizing about records and now I understand there are some things they do that CD/DVD/mp3 players cannot. I can change a record in 1 second flat, I can skip to any part of the song that I want and I'm thinking of adding a second record player so that I can start to MIX. My new dream is to be a DJ at a nightclub. All of this and the kids learning some new moves, hearing ABBA records and listening to music that was pretty darn good. I think my parenting skills are improving, what do you think? ;-) Call me Mix Master P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a+ parenting mix master p! great job at keeping lp's alive, 150 records for 30 lbs, that's a steel!

Jeremy (Hobbsy) said...

Wow that really is a good deal!