Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blame it on the dragon

I (Amanda) finally decided it was time to write on the blog site. Forgive me for taking so long :( I just wanted to write a few things about what Julian and Maya say or do on a daily basis. In Mexico Eric told me that Julian was playing in a hole that they had dug out in the sand and he told Eric that that is where he was born, in the water. I was surprised to hear that even though he was born via c-section. Eric then said, "Ya, Maya was born in water, wasn't she." I wonder if he remembers being born? Just an interesting statement from him.

Then Eric went out for a swim in the bay and when he returned Julian asked him if he saw any whales or sharks! To Julian's disappointment, but fortunately for Eric, he did not see any. Eric, feel free to correct me on any of this.

Over the summer Julian seemed obsessed with dragons. He had a bug bite on his eye lid and when I asked him how it happened (before I found out), he said that a dragon had bit him. If something bad happened, the dragon always did it.

Maya is now speaking in complete sentences. Sometimes she switches the words around, but she is very clear about what she wants. She always says, "Momma, holding you." She refers to herself as you. This means she wants me to pick her up. She is very independent and has her mind set on doing whatever she wants to do. The cutest thing she says is, "mmmm, I like it!" This is usually after eating ice cream!

Oh ya, before I forget. We were at friend of ours and Maya fell asleep. I decided that I would like to take a walk with the rest of the family. Our friend assured us that she would watch Maya and comfort her when she woke up. When I returned she was besides herself, screaming and upset. They said that she woke up fine and started playing, but then she realized that momma wasn't there. She then began looking all over the house for me. I tried to comfort her when I got there, but she gave me a really mad look and then smacked me in the face. It really caught me by surprise so I started laughing. I know that sounds mean, and I apologized to her for not being there for her, but it was funny to see her angry face and hitting me when I thought she would really want to see me. She had never done that before and not since. But she is very expressive.

Okay, I need to go. I will try downloading more pictures when I can. Laura posted some awesome pictures of Clint's birthday party!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love hearing about their personalities developing, and the way they view the world. Thanks for the post! Is the top photo, at your new home?

Dadda said...

No the top post is still from the balcony in Germany. Some Newcastle photos yet to come !